Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mango Curry Chicken

I've been meaning to post about my Mango Curry Chicken freezer cooking. I felt weird because I didn't actually cook it yet so I don't know how it came out! But for ease of freezer cooking, you can't beat this recipe.  http://www.recipezaar.com/Mango-Curry-Chicken-Oamc-247894

So here's what makes the recipe so easy. You measure out your spices, mix them up, split them in 2 and dump into 2 freezer bags. Then you cut up your onion and dump into the bags. Then add the store-bought mango chutney to the bags and then the tomatoes. You cut up your chicken, throw it in last, seal it, smoosh everything around, flatten it out as best you can and throw them in the freezer. Easy peasy.

Now, as I had said earlier, I bought a giant package of chicken breasts at BJs. My plan was to make 2 recipes and freeze them for 4 meals.  I figured I'd make 2 one evening and 2 the next, just to make sure that everything went right the first time. So I measured out the spices, chutney, etc., split into the two freezer bags, and opened the package of chicken only to discover OMG MUTANT GIANT CHICKEN BREASTS!!

Yeah, so I didn't need six. I cut up four instead and it was plenty for two meals for three people.

I guess I'm really used to buying organic chicken breasts from Trader Joe's, which are normal sized and where one feeds one person. 

Anyway, the next day I made a second batch, and then I froze the rest of the breasts because I had no plan for them. They will likely become enchiladas. My husband will be home next week so I expect we'll cook up the mango chicken curry while he's here. To cook, you just partially defrost, throw it in a crock pot, and cook on low for several hours. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment