Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eating Right

I'm re-learning how to eat right, and as I lose weight, I also lose points on Weight Watchers. Since I'm now in the 140s (OMG! the 140s!) I've lost two whole points per day from when I started. I still have my 10 extra breast feeding points but I'll lose half of them once my girl starts eating more solid foods (as of right now she has a few tastes of food per day, but most does not make it into her stomach yet!)

So I was talking to a friend last night and she wondered how many points she had eaten that day. I did a quick look up for her. For breakfast, she had had 4 donut holes, for a total of 6 points.

I, on the other hand, had an egg, two slices of center cut bacon, an Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin, and about 1/8 cup of cooked spinach as a sandwich, plus an Honestea once I went out. For a total of 5 points. I'm fairly certain the donut holes tasted yummier (haha) but I'm also pretty sure I stayed fuller longer. As she said, that's a lot of breakfast.

Now, let's face it. I would rather have the donuts. But really, if I'm going to lose more points before reaching my goal (which I will--when I get into the 130s I'll lose another point, and I can't keep the babe from eating solids forever just to keep my nursing points!), I'm going to have to keep up eating well if only for the ability to feel full.

So today, I had the same breakfast without the Honestea (making it 4 points) and had a fantastic salad for lunch for 3.5 points. (Spinach, cut up orange, onions, and light blue cheese dressing, with a weight watchers mini-bar for dessert). At that, I'll have to have some snacks and a nice sized dinner to make my point goal for the day. But I'm sitting here, not hungry, and pretty happy with the fact that I've eaten so well.

Now if I can just stop myself when I tell my husband to go out and get cake, I'll be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment