Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CSA--Half way through the summer!

The last few weeks I have not actually been aware of what was coming in our CSA share, as I have been on bedrest and friends have been picking it up, delivering it, and making it disappear into my fridge. Then my husband makes salad. 

But today I was downstairs on the sofa when Kristen and Howard showed up with the share, so I know what we have and boy is it a beauty!

Swiss Chard
Onions--three kinds
Shallots
Fennel
Garlic
Opal Basil (it's Purple!)
Thyme
More fingerling potatoes than you can shake a stick at 
Tomatoes!

I have a feeling that tomorrow, I will be eating some sort of tomato, onion, and basil all together. Perhaps on a bagel (my parents are coming into town and they are bagel people) but also perhaps as a salad or just by slicing up tomatoes and putting the onion and basil on top. Who can say?  What I do know is that I am having a baby in 4 days and I am not going to let those tomatoes go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment